Monday, 27 June 2016

Matariki

Everyone in Totara Whanau has been learning about the Maori New Year of Matariki.
Matariki is about joining together and sharing and learning new cultures.
Matariki actually means the eye of god.
Matariki is the Maori name for the seven sisters also named as the pleiades.

On the Matariki day the whole Totara Whanau got to chose what workshops they wanted to achieve themselves. For example I chose hand sewing. At the workshop we got told what we had to do step by step.When I did this sewing workshop I was felling nervous because I had never done hand sewing before.
What I enjoyed in doing this hand sewing was that I got to learn a lot of new skills about it. Next time what I could achieve on it is to not make the thread to big or to small and just make it the same length.
                                                   This is a picture of me doing my threading.
`

No comments:

Post a Comment